May Blog Challenge

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Photographer Pet Peeve

I just posted a few photos on Facebook.  I love being able to creatively grow as a photographer.  I challenge myself.  I need to challenge myself more.  With that being said, I hate it when after I post pictures people often say "you have a nice camera" or something along that variation.  It is NOT the camera that composed that shot, or set the settings on the camera (I shoot in Manual most of the time).  Did the camera take the picture I told it to? Yes it did.

I take really good pictures with my iphone.  Back before I had a DSLR I had a $100 point and shoot camera.  I took really good photos with that.  They aren't what I can do now, but they are good.  It is not the camera that made me better (though having certain settings are nice) its the training and techniques that made me better.  I plan on doing an experiment to see how many people really can tell the difference in cameras.

I am not saying that I am the best photographer out there or anywhere close, but I do have a few photographs that I am extremely proud of.  Some are before I went to school to know what I was doing.

Another pet peeve topic for another time: "Can't you just photoshop it?"

Err
I leave you with a photo I took at the zoo on Monday.
Who doesn't love a purple flamingo?? (yes, photoshop was used in the manipulation)

6 comments:

  1. I agree. I know a lot of people with nice cameras who take awful pictures, and vice versa. There are so many elements that go into a nice photograph and many of them don't require fancy settings.

    Although, having a good camera does help a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to lie, I love my higher end camera. But, I also like my phone because its always with me. :) Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. lol I don't think I've ever commented on someone's CAMERA being nice. Except on really great macro shots. My camera has a macro function, but it still won't do SUPER close-ups. :( hehehe love the purple flamingo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be surprised how many times I get it. I love macro shots. I would love to get a macro lens. The purple flamingo was my phone case for a while. :D

      Delete
  3. As you start Photoshop Image Editing, you need to choose the right tools. The selection tools work in different ways remove background from image to select the complete image or its part. The selection tools include marquee, lasso, magic wand etc, which have to be chosen as per their need to perform cut, copy, edit, or retouching operations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. ARCHITECTURE PHOTOGRAPHER

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.