May Blog Challenge

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day.

I am not a huge fan of this day.  This is a strictly commercial "holiday".  I think loved ones should show love all year and not just on one day.

Flowers are way overpriced!  My husband knows not to buy them.  They die...
Candy... not a big fan of candy.  I love pop rocks, lemon heads, and reese's pieces, but most of the candy at v-day is chocolate.  I can't eat chocolate because of my sensitivity to caffeine.

We don't make a big deal of Valentine's Day.  I would rather him give me something like a card on something like May 3 or September 14 something random just to let me know he doesn't need a specific "day" to celebrate.

With that being said, we of course bought the "I am going to feel guilty if I don't buy you something for Valentine's Day" card and gift.  He got me a cute cute Minnie Mouse St. Patrick's Day shirt.  I love it.  I bought him a M&M Darth Vader dispenser, and a solid chocolate deer head, and Ghiradelli chocolate that he loves so much.  (For the record, I give notes and candy and love all through out the year to both my husband and our daughter).

We do buy presents for our daughter.  We buy practical stuff along with a box of chocolate.

One thing I do love about Valentine's Day....photographing the CANDY!!

Conversation Hearts...LOVE them.  I can't wait to break out the chocolate to photograph!!!


I hope those who love Valentine's Day, have a wonderful day.

Oh, and Happy 26th Anniversary to one set of my parents.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day either. Just... *ugh* I know I started hating it in school cuz some group (not student counsel but something like that) would sell carnations and I never got one. :( Over time I guess I just got miserly about it. :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.