May Blog Challenge

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Come spend the day with me

Day 12: Bullet your entire day.

Today you got me on a slow day.  We don't have rehearsal tonight, so I am getting caught up on things at home.

7:00 alarm goes off - I was already awake
7:00-7:45 lay in bed and contemplate life (really just being lazy)
7:45 put in load of laundry
8:00 make grocery list
8:05 let dog out
8:08 let dog in
8:15 head to the grocery store
8:45 home and baking first cake
9:15 open computer and start writing post
9:30 put laundry in the dryer start a new load
9:40 put second cake in the oven
9:55 get back to blogging - okay lets finish this
Projected:
10:00 Waking the sleeping dragon beauty
10:15 make third cake
10:30 sweep floors
10:45 fold current laundry
11:00 Take photo for photo of the day - edit this post to add to it or just wait until then to post it.
11:15 put load from washer into dryer start another load
11:20 load dishwasher
11:30 make breakfast/lunch for the girl
11:45 give the pug a bath
12:15 mix first cake with icing for cake balls
12:45 mix second cake with icing for cake balls
1:00 got to store for melting wafers for cake balls
1:30 leave for voice/piano lessons
2:00-4:30 piano/voice lessons - lessons are only an hour, but her teacher and I have become extremely good friends so we talk while Elexis plays with her 3 and 4 year old girls.
5:00 mix the last cake balls
5:15 start dipping first cake balls
6:00 start dipping second cake balls
6:45 dinner
7:30 finish dipping last batch of cake balls
8:00 get everything packed up for tomorrow
8:30 pick up living room
8:45 make sure all the laundry is folded and put away
9:00 - midnight - read and comment on blogs (hopefully before that) and just generally surf the internet

I love slow days like this...baking helps me relax.  Tomorrow I will be packing up costumes we didn't use and getting the studio back in order.  We then will have 5 hours of rehearsal where I will hate my name by the end of the night.  I will also have poked myself with safety pins at least 5 times.  Hear "I can't find my ________" at least 60 times.  Answer that statement with "it is where you left it last night, go check your box".  I absolutely love it!!!  It's like summer camp.  I am looking forward to it being over, but not wanting it to be at the same time.

Ok, so I am going to hold off on posting until after I get my 11:00 picture.

Day 12 - 11:00 - My baby girl caught off guard and a natural smile.



Part of Paula's June Blog Challenge found here.





9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are a busy little beaver. What are you making cake balls for? Be sure to take a picture of them to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I made them for the kids at the theater. I love to bake and kids will pretty much eat anything sweet. I definitely took pictures.

      Delete
  2. She is beautiful and you are soooo busy for a slow day. I would hate to see a fast day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Fast days usually end with my knees throbbing. :)

      Delete
  3. Holy cow! That's not a slow day..... Don't take this wrong, but I'm glad I don't live your life. lol That is definitely a lot you have going on. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I have come to the realization that if I am not moving I get antsy. Somedays though, I like to just lay in bed and read. I will be having one of those next week.

      Delete
  4. I love that...

    let the dog out
    let the dog in

    I couldn't do this... I just can't... this one will be a skip for me... or at least just a general idea and not an actual one. :o/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, your's would probably be something like "pick object up" "watch object being thrown again" "hear kid scream for object" "pick object up". With a three year old, life is always unpredictable. The let dog in, let dog out happens a lot during the day, but mostly between the hours of 9-11. I don't know what their obsession is out there at that time of night.

      Delete
  5. Cute pictures, what are cake balls, never heard of that. Why did you have to bake 3? I hear ya on the pins...No matter how careful, used to do that alot when working on costumes for my daughter back in the day.
    What was Your Day Like

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.