May Blog Challenge

Sunday, January 12, 2014

What a week


I have been internalizing a little bit this week.  I have had a ton of stuff to do and lots of changing.

First, I turned 36 on Wednesday.  The day didn't suck, in fact if was a really good day.  Usually my birthday sucks in some way every year.  I think I just basically had no expectations for the day and it was just a great day.  My husband always decorates the living room with balloons and streamers.  I love it.  It makes me feel special.  We ended the day with going and watching the movie Big in the theater.  I love Cinemark's Classic Movie Series.  

Second, I was involved in a minor fender bender on Thursday.  Both another girl and I were going into the same lane at the same time.  We hit fenders.  It sucked, but we weren't going fast and no one was hurt except Haley (my car).  I need to find some time this week to get an estimate on my bumper.  

On Friday we night we had an impromptu game night with some friends of ours.  We played Phase 10  until 1 in the morning.  We still didn't finish the game.  It was a great evening filled with tons and tons of laughter.  

We celebrated my birthday on Saturday with my husband's side of the family.  My mother in law was very very generous and got me the Ninja Mega Kitchen System.  I have wanted this sucker for a while.  I have been too busy to use it yet, but I can't wait to use it.  Now I just need to get a toaster.  Here it is: 


The reason for my busyness, I got asked to make one of the costumes for Willy Wonka.  I finally got it finished tonight.  I will definitely take a picture to show it off.  

Today, Elexis and I went and watched High School Musical at the place she took musical theatre.  It made me really miss working backstage and working with the kids.  I am definitely helping out on the next musical which is Wizard of Oz (which I am sure Paula is thrilled about...haha).  I helped out backstage today and it brought tears to my eyes.  The kids were all super excited to see me and it felt like old times.  

Ok, lastly my husband's cousin found out she has stage 3 anal/colon cancer.  She is 36 years old...my age.  This is what I have been internalizing.  It is so scary to think that this will not go into remission, the odds are not in her favor.  She has three kids and just recently got married.  Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.   She has a very long road ahead of her.  

This week is show week for the school musical.  I have high hopes of being able to blog every day, but we will see.  I can't wait to take tons of pictures and show them off.  

8 comments:

  1. I will say many prayers for your cousin. Life sucks big time sometimes. Can't wait to hear all about Wizard of Oz....lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, her prognosis is not good so all prayers are appreciated. I am sure I will be a basket case next June. But, honestly, I love it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Christy, I'm so sorry about your cousin's illness. A dear friend of mine just revealed she's battling "triple negative" breast cancer and I internalized, too. I hope you get to process it and talk it out with someone, that's what made me feel better!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pray for your friend as well. It's really hard to know that it is someone my own age with three kids. I haven't even seen her yet, because 1. she has had a ton of visitors and I wanted to wait until that died down and 2. I am afraid of not being strong for her.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're okay! Fender benders are scary business. Also, Happy Belated Birthday!!! "\"(^_^)"/"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! fender bender's suck. We weren't going more than 10 miles an hour so that was a huge blessing.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. I will pray for her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I appreciate it and I know she does too.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate each comment and try to reply back.